Sunday, March 16, 2008

Useful Tools

Ah MySpace, the tool of the stalker future.



I’ve had a personal MySpace account for about 2 years. I began posting my religious thoughts on that MySpace a few months ago and saw my stats soar. I decided I wanted sort of a separation of my personal page and my postings on faith and religion to be fair to both. I understand some of my personal friends do not have the same belief system that I have.

I also understand that I want my messages to reach as many people as possible without them knowing intimate personal details of my life and family for safety reasons. Being a “Soldier for Christ” can cause uproar if given the opportunity. I don’t believe my life, or my family’s lives, to be in any danger and I seriously doubt the possibility of it ever occurring, but if it makes my wife happy then I’m all for it.

On to the new MySpace

I've decided that I'm going to write my religious blogs on a weekly basis, sort of like a sermon. Since I started writing, I've felt like this is something I should be doing. It appears to be my calling, if you will.

My main priorities are simple.

1. Lead people to God.

2. Show everyone that just because their own personal beliefs may not match a particular church’s belief, doesn't mean that they are alone or wrong.

3. Show everyone that just because they disagree with a particular church belief, doesn’t mean that they believe in God less than the church members.

I suppose now would be a great time to introduce myself to those of you who don't know me already.

My name is Joe. I've been married 4 years to my beautiful wife Chrissy and have an adorable eight year old daughter, KK.

Simply put, I'm a regular guy. I've made a lot of mistakes and I'm sure I'll make many more. However, I honestly see life as a learning experience. I don't belong to a specific denomination. I see myself as a Christian, plain and simple.

I am an ordained minister. I was ordained on February 25, 2008 from the Universal Life Church in Modesto, California. I do not claim to be an expert on religion and have only my life’s lessons as training.

In some of my past blogs it may seem as though I only put other churches down. That’s not the case at all. I believe almost any one that preaches Christianity is preaching a great message. It just seems to me that some churches have lost sight of the original goal. Bring God to everyone.

I truthfully hope that sharing my views brings as many people to God as possible. I hope that what you read here, you will share with as many people as you can. If I didn't do a good enough job at explaining myself please feel free to message me about any questions and this goes equally to my blogs if you would like to discuss any of my blogs.

You can reach me through MySpace by clicking here
or
email me - myowncrosstobear(at) gmail(dot)com

Sincerely,
Rev. Joe

No comments: